When: August 13th, 2016. From 12 noon to 5pm.
Where: Fight Academy Pasadena
1830 Locust Street Pasadena, CA 91107
What: Combate Americas will host its 1st tryout in history! We are looking for talented fighters in the following divisions:
- Men: Flyweight (125 lbs), Bantamweight (135 lbs), Featherweight (145 lbs), Lightweight (155 lbs), Welterweight (170 lbs), Middleweight (185 lbs), Light Heavyweight (205 lbs) & Heavyweight (Max 265 lbs).
- Women: Atomweight (105 lbs), Strawweight (115 lbs), Flyweight (125 lbs), Bantamweight (135 lbs) & Featherweight (145 lbs).
- You must be 18+ years old to participate. No minors.
- You must be in good health; we will have a doctor on site to clear you for the tryout.
- We are accepting amateur and professional fighters.
- Participation in the tryouts does NOT guarantee an outcome.
- If you come to the event with friends and/or family, please be advised that space is limited and we will give priority to participants. We expect to have a full house.
- UFC Women's Superstar Julianna "The Venezuelan Vixen" Peña (@VenezuelanVixen)
- UFC & Combate Americas Referee Mike Beltran (@RefMikeBeltran)
- Combate Americas Fight Director Mel Valenzuela (@melmatchmaker)
- Combate Americas On Air Announcer and MMA journalist Andrea Calle (@andreacallecorp)
We will email you an assigned time slot, directions, instructions and forms to be completed prior your arrival. This message should arrive around 5-7 days before the tryout date.
For questions related to the tryout, you can email Mel Valenzuela at email@example.com.